Sunday, March 4, 2018

      Welcome back! In my previous post, I was deciding between the genres of thriller, drama, and horror. Since I am having difficulty finding ideas for my film opening, I decided picking a genre would help me choose. So finally, I have decided on the genre of drama for my film opening. I decided drama was the best genre to chose for my project because drama is more of a broad genre in my eyes. I could follow any subgenres like crime drama, melodrama, comedy drama, and many more. Dramas are intended to be more serious rather than humorous, and that is the type of tone I aim to create in my film opening.
      One genre that particularly caught my eye was crime drama. In crime dramas, character development is based on themes involving the legal system, law enforcement, and criminals. I would like to pursue a mysterious, suspenseful tone in my film opening, so crime drama would be the perfect genre for me. Also, since the beginning of the year, when I first began thinking of ideas for my project, I had numerous ideas with film openings that involved my father. My dad is in law enforcement, and since I have seen his life put in danger so many times and have had others taken from us on the job, I have been passionate about topics like these. I believe covering a topic I am passionate about will result in my best work. I have researched crime drama films, and I plan to watch some of the them to recognize techniques I need to use in my film opening. Some films I plan to watch are "The Departed" and "No Country For Old Men" for guidance and ideas. I am excited to finally be moving somewhere with my project, because before I was feeling stuck, lost and behind. I can not wait to start filming and see my amazing final product!


Coen, Ethan, and Joel Coen. “No Country for Old Men.” No Country for Old Men (2007) - Rotten Tomatoes, 1 Mar. 2018, www.rottentomatoes.com/m/no_country_for_old_men/.

“The Departed (2006).” IMDb, IMDb.com, www.imdb.com/title/tt0407887/.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drama_(film_and_television).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_film.

No comments:

Post a Comment