Monday, March 19, 2018

Technique

     In my film opening, there is a scene of my father, who plays the undercover officer in the film, driving through a bad part of town. I have a feeling this might be one of my favorite and one of the most important and meaningful scenes in the project thus far. I want to add a unique touch to this scene to make it stand out. After the filming of my project, I plan to start editing immediately after.
     I plan to place a filter on the scene of the police officer driving through the bad neighborhood. I plan to get this filter from iMovie, where I am editing my portfolio project, however I still need to browse through some filters on iMovie. If I do not find the perfect filter on iMovie, I will ask my classmates for suggestions on apps that provide good filters. I plan to go with a light brownish or grayish type of filter, to really dramatize the obscure setting of this neighborhood.
     To further this dramatization of the scene, I might even show my father at a low angle shot, to suggest his superiority as a police officer to the others residing in this not so well off neighborhood.
     One difficulty I might encounter during the filming of this scene is the background noise. Since my father’s police car is a large truck, the background noise might be very evident to the audience. In this case, I will cover it up with a unique selection of music or will attempt to edit it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment